World Mental Health Day
World Mental Health Day is observed on 10 October every year, with the overall objective of raising awareness of mental health issues around the world and mobilising efforts in support of mental health.
The Day provides an opportunity for everyone involved with mental health to talk about the subject, and what more needs to be done to make mental health care a reality for people worldwide.
Mental health services in Harrogate and Rural District
Vulnerable people and mental health is one of our CCG's key strategic priorities. We are working hard to improve mental wellbeing and move towards parity of esteem. (Parity of esteem is best described as making sure that physical health and mental health are equally as important.)
Key milestones for our CCG over the next five years:
By end 2014/15
• Implement Rapid Assessment Interface and Discharge (RAID) Service
• Ensure every care home has a named GP linked to it
• Expand Increased Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service
• Open a Section 136 suite – a place of safety for people with mental health conditions
• Review mental health services
By end of 2015/16
• Implement the findings of the mental health review
• Continue to increase the capacity of dementia services
By end of 2016/19
• Reduce the health gap between people with mental health and those who do not
We are always keen to hear your thoughts on local mental health services and if there is anything we can do to help make your experience of local services better. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any comments.