North Yorkshire County Council has begun a consultation on proposals about how people who use adult social care services contribute to their costs. The consultation will cover two main areas:
- the cost of transport provided by adult social care to places where people receive a service – for example a day care centre; and
- how the total cost of care is calculated and the amount people may be asked to contribute in the future.
The County Council has produced a consultation document that explains the proposals. The document is on the County Council website together with the survey at https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/current-consultations.
The consultation is open until Monday 21 January 2019.
To request the documents in another format, such as large print, audio, or easy read (words and pictures), please ring the County Council’s Customer Services Centre on 01609 780780. Please note that there are already easy read versions of the consultation documents available as downloads on the consultation web page. The consultation documents are also available from libraries and council offices. Information on the current charging policy is at https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/paying-care-home.
The County Council is also holding information sessions:
- 13 November 2018, 9:30 am, The Council Chamber, County Hall, Northallerton, DL7 8AD
- 14 November 2018, 2:00 pm, Main Function Room, Richmond Cricket Club, Hurgill Road, Richmond, DL10 4AR
- 15 November 2018, 1:00 pm, The Council Chamber, Civic Centre, St Lukes Avenue, Harrogate, HG1 2AE
- 19 November 2018, 10:00 am, The Council Chamber, Ryedale District Council, Ryedale House, Old Malton, Malton, YO17 7HH
- 27 November 2018, 10:30 am, Hall B, The Street, 12 Lower Clark Street, Scarborough, YO12 7PW
- 04 December 2018, 12:30 pm, Community House Selby, Community House, Portholme Road, Selby YO8 4QQ
- 07 December 2018, 10:00 am, Civic Suite, Craven District Council, 1 Belle Vue Square, Broughton Road, Skipton BD23 1FJ
All venues have wheelchair access. There will be British Sign Language interpreters at the events in Harrogate, Scarborough and Selby.
If you have any queries, please call the Customer Services Centre on 01609 780780 or email HASConsultation@northyorks.gov.uk